FT Partners Proprietary FinTech Research:
Healthcare Payments – Consumerization and Digitization Create a Massive FinTech Opportunity
The healthcare industry, which accounts for 18% of GDP in the United States, is transforming as the industry adapts to more widespread adoption of digital technologies and confronts the challenges of ever rising costs and the pressures it puts on patients, hospitals and physicians (“providers”), insurance companies (“payers”), the government, and other participants. Similar to other areas of financial services, technology is only becoming more important to the delivery of financial services related to healthcare, resulting in the emergence of a Healthcare Payments ecosystem. Innovative business models and new technologies are eliminating inefficiencies within the current system, and challenging incumbents and traditional models.
- Detailed overview of the U.S. healthcare industry and key trends driving change
- A closer look at the emerging FinTech solutions for insurance companies, healthcare providers, employers, and patients
- Landscape of FinTech companies in the Healthcare Payments / Health Insurance ecosystem
- Proprietary list of financing and M&A transactions
- Interviews with more than 20 CEOs and Industry Executives
- Detailed profiles of 60 FinTech companies in the space
On September 15, 2020, FT Partners and QED Investors jointly unveiled an in-depth industry research report on Healthcare Payments during a live panel discussion with CEOs and executives. Greg Smith of FT Partners and Matt Risley of QED briefly introduce the report before diving into discussion topics around digitization and consumerization of the U.S. healthcare industry and the resulting emerging FinTech solutions for insurance companies, healthcare providers, employers, and patients. The panel features executives from BillingTree, Cedar, Flywire, FraudScope, and Salucro.