FT Partners Quarterly InsurTech Insights and Annual Almanac
FT Partners is the only data source for comprehensive, global InsurTech deal activity covering M&A, Financing and IPO statistics and trends
FT Partners’ InsurTech Insights Reports are published on a quarterly basis, along with a comprehensive year-end Almanac. All information included in the reports is sourced from FT Partners’ Proprietary Transaction Database, which is compiled by the FT Partners Research Team through primary research and data analysis. The reports feature M&A, financing and IPO statistics and trends as well as breakdowns by vertical, geography, investor-type and much more.
View our Global FinTech Insights and Almanac reports here.
Be sure to check back for quarterly updates and additions. All recent reports can be viewed or downloaded for free below.
Q1 2023 InsurTech Insights
- Q1 2023 and historical InsurTech financing and M&A volume and deal count statistics
- Largest InsurTech financings and M&A transactions in Q1 2023
- Most active InsurTech investors
- Breakdowns by geography, product type and business model
- Corporate VC activity and strategic investor participation
- Other industry, capital raising and M&A trends in InsurTech
- InsurTech deal activity picked up the pace in Q1 2023, driven by an increase in M&A specifically, while financing activity leveled off over the last two quarters at significantly lower totals than those reached in 2021 and early 2022.
- Private InsurTech financing volume totaled $1.2 billion across 53 capital raises in Q1 2023 signaling a continued weakened fundraising environment compared to the last couple of years – financing deal count in both Q1 2023 and Q4 2022 represented a shift back to 2018 levels which averaged 52 financing deals per quarter compared to an average of 80 in 2022, 108 in 2021 and 75 in 2020.
- While overall VC activity remained depressed, strategic investors continued to make investments in the InsurTech sector throughout Q1 2023, with nearly 60% of all capital raises including participation from at least one corporate VC / strategic investor.
- On the M&A side, Q1 2023 volume of $5.0 billion across 39 deals represented a major increase and the highest announced volume since Q1 2021. Deal count also increased by nearly 45% over Q4 2022 and Q3 2022.
View Prior Reports